CUISINE APRON DRESS IN WHITE LINEN
GET THE RECIPE
An exquisite work apron wrap dress that easily transitions from kitchen to street. Gorgeous white Japanese linen of the flowy kind with extra yardage added to accommodate most-sized bodies. Constructed with attention to the highest quality of materials, precision sewing and dreamy details. Stunningly crafted and meant to be worn and washed and worn and washed and worn...
A LIFETIME PIECE. DESIGNED AND HANDMADE IN THE UNITED STATES
100% lightweight (5.3 ounce) Japanese Linen in white. 3.5 yards of linen were used in the construction of this beautiful apron dress.
Also Available in Black or Indigo Chambray.
Free (one size fit's most) Extra yardage and long ties to accommodate a multitude of body types. Model is 5'9" 140lbs.
Apron dress is a flattering with openings on either side to wrap closed from the side you like. Extra fabric and long ties allows the apron to go over any clothing and fit most sizes.
ALWAYS and generously sized.
Linen becomes softer and more absorbent after each wash! Wash on low temperatures in lukewarm or cold water with like colors. Use the gentle machine cycle and a mild detergent to protect the fibers. Feel free to tumble dry on low temperatures. Remove from the dryer when still slightly damp to avoid the linen becoming stiff, and hang or lie flat to finish off the drying process. Iron...only if you can't live with yourself if you don't.
We've styled this with a simple pale pink colored linen top, a pair ofZkano socks. For winter and holiday, switch up the pink linen top with a colorful flannel shirt and a light vest for warmth. Any look you style can go seamlessly from holiday cookie making to the grocery store with a stop for a lunch date with a friend. Our Culinary Salon Collection of apron dresses are meant to go from kitchen to street and look noteworthy in either setting.
THE Sugar Cookie Recipe
THE Sugar Cookie Recipe
Makes 3 dozen (depending on cookie cutter sizes)
What you need:
3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for bench flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste (can sub vanilla extract)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Buttercream frosting or royal icing for decorating
Yum Yum Smile Shop Sprinkles for decorating...natch!
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in egg, paste and extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. The dough should be stiff.
5. Do not chill the dough...just get right into it!! Lightly flour a work surface and cut off enough dough to be workable. Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes with fun cookie cutters. Place on the prepared baking trays and bake for 6-8 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before frosting and decorating. And, don't forget the SPRINKLES!