A kid's room craft inspired by our Sunshine Duckie Cake Topper Kit and a French sailor!
What you need:
Colored Card Stock (we used Yum Yum-ish colors)
Thick Yellow Yarn (or any color that makes you happy)
Cardboard (we always recycle)
Scissors Hot Glue Gun (and glue sticks)
Yellow Paint (not pictured.. sorry)
What to do:
1. Draw the shape of you duckie on the cardboard and cut out.
TIP: Use our Sunshine Duckie Cake Topper Kit for reference!
2. Paint your duckie shape yellow (or the color of your yarn).
3. While your paint dries, cut and gather your Pom Pom from yarn.
Learn how we make our Pom Poms here!
4. Use the hot glue gun to attach your Pom Poms to the painted cardboard.
5. Use the colored card stock to make accessories and features for your duckie! We made our duckie's eyes more cartoonish and gave him a cute french sailor look!
Pro Tip: To make your duckies eyes POP, cut left over cardboard into 1 inch squares, stack and glue together, glue the white of the eye on one side and the pupil on the other.
6. Glue your duckie's accessories and features to the Pom Poms, cut and glue (or tape) a small piece of ribbon to the back of the cardboard and hang!
We love this for a kid's room, baby shower or Pretty in Pink viewing party!